Sunday, April 29, 2012

In preparation

For starting Item #19, I've decided to practice my quilting abilities on a blanket for our living room.

It's been a while since I've quilted anything so I wanted to hone in my skills on a few pieces of it before cutting into the gift fabric.  Here are a few pictures of my current project:


I'm using fleece since that is what we are wanting for our living room however the concept is the same. And yes, that IS an ironing board that I'm using for a table.  It was the only thing high enough for me to work on that didn't anger the back gods.

The colors look a lot brighter in the photo than they are in real life.  The red is a darker burgundy that comes pretty close to matching our couch.


I've mapped out where I want each square to go so that I don't duplicate any patterns and so I know how many 5inch squares I need of each fabric.  

I'm hoping to have this blanket finished by the end of this week so that A. I can remove the ugly gray blanket we currently have on our couch and B. so that I can get started on the official #19. 

I'll post pictures when I'm finished. 

No comments: