Sunday, April 22, 2012

The bucket continues to fill up

Project Update #1: Indoor Herb Garden

My herb garden continues to grow by the week and I'm excited to share updated pictures with you. 


Rosemary and Cilantro are starting to really come into their own - slowly but surely.  Catnip is just about ready for the first harvest of leaves (and just in time!) and I'm thinking today is the day that Basil gets his own home.  I've planted Basil before and had much better luck (and quantity) by now.  Thinking that a new, larger home would help the roots to spread out.  Next up, spearmint and mint plants. I've been doing some research on growing mint - since I haven't been able to locate any mint seeds at any of the local green houses. Turns out that mint seeds are poisonous and therefore are rarely carried.  The alternative is to buy fresh mint from the grocery store and put it in a glass of water until it sprouts roots, then plant it.  So, I'll give that a shot and hope for a Mojito filled summer :)

Project Update #2: Indoor Flower Garden (not an official 2012 Bucket List Item)

The large green container is newly planted wildflower seeds that should be popping up sometime in the next week or so.  I'm excited to be starting my first flower pot.  I don't think that I've done that since I was little. Then, of course there are the two on the opposite end (yellow pot with pink flowers & gray pot with purple flowers).  I can't remember the names of these flowers but will post them after I do a little more research.  They were both purchased as potted plants and then re-homed to their current locations.  They've both been struggling (especially pinky) but they seem to finally be making themselves comfortable. 



That's all for now.  More updates later this week - including the starting of another Bucket List item. :)  I can't wait to share the details with you. 




No comments: