Monday, June 24, 2013

When I Grow Up...

 I used to think that I would be a stage manager, then a theater manager, then I played in the accounting world - quickly realized that I didn't want to do that... then I played around in the executive assistant world...and swiftly realized that Event Planning was what I wanted to do.  It kinda sums up all of those previous worlds that I've played in. Just in a more grown up, "real world job" kinda way.

Through the Social Media class I'm taking, I am finding more focus and direction into honing what it is that I want to do when I grow up - Event Planning.  I have been busy creating various social media outlets as assignments - Professional Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Wordpress, LinkedIn - you name it, I've been working on it.  Granted these are all assignments that I'm required to create, and don't get me wrong, the current content is very weak, but it is giving me purpose and direction.  This is a great feeling.  Scary, but great. I finally feel like I'm achieving a forward moving momentum instead of just maintaining status quo.

Keep an eye out for more updates.  Once they are presentable, I'll post the Pro-links I've been working on. In the mean time, you need an event planner? Give me a call ;)

No comments: