Saturday, March 17, 2012

She's got a bit of a Green Thumb


On St. Patty's Day no less!! A little over a week later it appears that I have a bit of a green thumb. (well, at least when it comes to Catnip and Basil - if you look really close). The Rosemary is taking it's time to make an appearance, but I'm not too worried.

Once the Rosemary comes up, I'll begin my next batch of planters. I'm still thinking Spearmint, Cilantro (for all that summer salsa!) and something else.

With all this crazy weather we're having, I'm hoping to start the outdoor garden next week. I'm hoping to turn the area (pictured below) into a rain garden.


I've been doing a little research but I'm hoping to make a stop at the greenhouse a few miles from our house tomorrow for a little expert advise. I've heard that we have finicky soil in P.Lake so I'm not sure how well this is going to work (without a sprinkler system anyway).

Wish me luck!

No comments: